Before any toddler joins Bramley Grange we always spend time with the parents to gather information about thir child in order to make the transition between the home and nursery environment as smooth as possible.
Our qualified, caring, knowledgeable and experienced staff work with our parents to fully understand the needs of all children in our care to always ensure that they feel safe, loved and give them lots of attention. We also employ a key-worker system in each room to ensure that a familiar adult is always present.
A key-worker has special responsibilities for working with a small number of children, giving them the reassurance to feel safe and cared for and building relationships with their parents.
As the children progress through to toddler stage, they are eager to practice and learn new skills. At Little Tinkers we provide the choices and opportunities for them to do this, using equipment and toys which are suited to their age, with the encouragement and motivation of experienced, qualified and caring staff who fully understand their needs.
- Encourage an interest in the world around them
- Promote hand-eye coordination ball games such as throwing and catching
- Provide bricks, sorting toys and jigsaws etc
- Ask open-ended questions
- Be relaxed about toilet training – we use a toileting chart and give a sticker when a child has been on the potty/ toilet, plus lots of praise
- Teach them how to express feeling in an appropriate manner towards others.
We introduce the children to healthy eating by always having fresh fruit and water available and having vegetables with every lunch.
- Access to outdoor area
- Mark making
- Junk modeling
- Small world
- Imaginative play
If you would like any further information, or if you would like to book a free taster session with us, please don't hesitate to contact us.